My Favorite Assignments

Engagement with our peers, whether in-class or online, is quite significant and can provide a perspective that we have not considered before. So one of the assignments I am looking forward to the most is commenting on my peer's blog posts. I think hearing what others have to say about my posts and having the ability to comment on what I feel on other people's posts will allow us to get a more in-depth and better understanding of the stories. Furthermore, I am looking forward to the readings. Since I have grown up listening to stories about certain Indian myths, I am looking ahead to finally getting the opportunity to learn about them.  I've never had the opportunity to fully read the stories or understand the life lessons behind them so I'm excited about the chance to finally fully appreciate them. In learning about these stories, I think it would be fun to revamp them in modern times, which is what I plan to do through my final project!

(An image of an Indian mythological tale said to represent Lakshmi and Budda- image provided by Needpix.com)

I love extra credit, haha. I've always wanted to keep a diary or even blog at some point, so I was excited about the Famous Last Words extra credit assignment. Reflections are quite important and I think when we reflect on things we have learned in class, it helps imprint concepts in our minds. I strongly believe it enables us to better understand what we are learning. Another assignment that caught my attention was the microfictions! I love the idea of writing a story in just a couple of words. Its a challenge but I enjoy doing creative things like this! A goal I have for this semester is to actually be able to present a story in 10 words or less! Let's see if I am able too!

Comments